Wil's Newsletter: October 25, 2015
Third and final web-posted newsletter has arrived.
Join here to continue reading by email.
A cold week. Who wants temperatures in the 30s?
Also, we watched The Seven Five. Was New York really this bad?
- Married To Your Business (Gimlet Media): You like podcasts? Startup is back, and the first episode is a goodie.
- Doing 90% Of Your Work 100% Of The Time (wiljr.org): Sometimes I look back on somethings I wrote a few years ago and left. Other times, I think "hey, nice job there". I come back to this one and still adhere to the thought of being able to do most of your work all of the time.
- Terry Gross and the Art of Opening Up (NY Times): I'm not a Fresh Air fan but this is a fun read. Storytelling people! It's where it's at!
- Hostile Email Landscape (Liminality): Oof.
- Can Twitter Be Saved? (The New Yorker): From earlier in the week, then Jack announced he's giving 1/3 of his stock to his employees (after he cut 8%) and he's apologized to the developer community. I don't know if Twitter can be saved but Jack sure is on the offensive.
- Liverpool 1 - 1 Southampton (LiverpoolFC.com): Different manager, same result.
- Vroom! (Instagram): I hung out with some Ferrari's this week and snapped a Mets banner in a Louisiana-style pizza joint.
- Yankees Fans Draw Ire for Muscling In on a Mets Moment (NY Times): Hilarious! Although, living with one of "them", the idea of rooting for New York isn't too bad.
- Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the best career move you can make (Fortune): Dunno, just liked and agree with this.