Euro 2012 Final: The Most Boring / Exciting Game Ever?
Looking at these stats gets me excited for tomorrow's Euro 2012 final:
- Spain have faced only 12 shots on target at Euro 2012. Half of those were against Italy in their opening game (6).
- Italy and Spain have had the most shots at Euro 2012 - 99 and 86 respectively.
- Spain have not conceded a single goal in their last 900 minutes of action in major tournament knockout games, a streak which started in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008.
- Spain have the best defensive record at Euro 2012 with only one goal conceded. In their last two games (a quarter-final v France and semi-final v Portugal), the combined opposition managed one shot on target.
- Italy are the only side to have never trailed at any point during Euro 2012.
- The Azzurri are unbeaten in 15 competitive games under Cesare Prandelli: winning 10 (one by default) and drawing five.
- Striker Mario Balotelli has had the most shots on target at Euro 2012 - 10.
(Source: BBC Sport, Euro 2012 final: Spain versus Italy in numbers)
My guess is that it will be a thrilling 90 / 120 minutes of soccer, ending in a dramatic penalty shootout.
Which will make it the most boring / exciting game ever.
(It just depends on who you ask, but there will be no middle ground.)
Kindle Purchase Price: $0.99
(This is an affiliate link to Amazon.)