Yesterday’s Work From Home Meeting – A Recap
Thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday! A great turnout with a few new items that made the meeting even more educational and fun.
- Ask An Expert
- Community Sponsor
- May Meeting
- Other Stuff
A GREAT TALK FROM JEN!
We started a new series at the meetings where a member talked to the group about a specific service or solution they use to make their work-from-home lives more productive. The idea is to give a bit more insight into who our members are and provide an opportunity to learn about a tool we can use to help make our lives a bit more enjoyable.
Jen (you can find more about that public relations girl on our Coworking Community page) talked a bit about SkyGrid - a tool she uses to help manage her news and interests. She even provided a quick demo using her iPad!
(SkyGrid is available for the iPad, the iPhone, and Android. More details available on their website.)
In addition to the presentation provided by Jen, we also introduced a sponsor-like program to provide additional visibility to the Upper West Side, and how workers from home can benefit from local offerings.
The games are co-ed, non-contact and are focused on having fun. Skills of all levels are welcome!
As a side note, I've known Paul and Aia (the founders) from day one of their meetup (nearly five years ago!), and they've done nothing but increase the fun and availability of the meetups. I am a weekly attendee and look forward to the hour running around outdoors with a smile on my face.
For May, we're going to shift the start time forward an hour (and extend the meeting an hour). We can go back to the original start time but I thought this might open it up to others who are having a difficult time getting away in the middle of the day.
- Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- Time: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Stop by when you can, for as long as you can!)
- Venue: The Dead Poet
- Updates: Click here to receive email updates about upcoming meetings
- We started a series called Upper West Side: Meet Your Neighbor. If there's anyone you'd like me to reach out to (including you!), do let me know.
- Guest Speaker: Jen gave a great demo and led a terrific discussion about a solution she uses to stay on top of the news and to keep tabs on her specific interests. If you'd like to speak on a topic in May, let me know!
- Member Directory: It's up! Let me know if you want to be added.
A huge thanks goes to The Dead Poet Bar. The team has been very helpful and generous with their time and support (and giveaways!). Even if you're not attending one of these meetups, stop for a drink and a neighborhood chat.